ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Bob Woodbury <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Oct 2003 11:18:11 -0400
Didn't anyone go to the game last night? And I agree with those who have
written here that we deserve better competition in this tournament. I
can't believe we couldn't get WCHA and/or CCHA teams to come here. We
had some great games with UMD when  Brett Hull played there during the
interlocking schedule with the WCHA and Gary Thorne was doing the
play-by-play on radio. I'd be in favor of bringing that back for the
non-conference part of the schedule. An assistant at Lake State used to
be an assistant at Colby. We've had some great games against the Lakers,
including a fairly memorable overtime game. I think our new AD, who has
all ready done some nice things at the U should step in and upgrade this
tourney. Sacred Heart and Holy Cross don't cut it. The U-18 team can and
does show its wares at Colby and Bowdoin. We deserve REAL Division I
competition. No offense Sacred Heart and Holy Cross. For the most part,
the ECAC doesn't perform at this level. Everyone will be happier when
every league competes at this level. That means great hockey every
night. A 9-2 game is not great hockey and does little, if anything, to
sharpen a teams' or an individuals', abilities.