ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Bob Fitta <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Nov 2002 09:54:50 -0500
Great Weekend in Boston.  First chance to see this years team in
action and boy was I impressed.  However, still early and next 3
games in HE are vs. UNH and BC, we'll see how things are after
December 7th, but I'm very optimistic.

Had to share this comment I heard after the game from the BU hockey
announcing team, Bernie Corbett handles the play-by-play, and has
done so for years.  His rationale for the BU loss, "BU was flat
coming off emotional loss to BC, and Maine views BU as their rival
and thus was really up for the game"  he then added " Also many of
the Maine players feel they have something to proof against BU, since
BU passed them up in the recruiting wars" .

I guess we get all the BU rejects and that's why Maine's won the last
3 games!  Nice of them to leave us a few morsels!

Great Weekend, looking forward to more of same in the weeks and months to come.

Bob Fitta '83
--
Bob Fitta
Director of Advertising