ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Brian Demoree <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Oct 1999 16:16:00 -0400
Interesting situation concerning the coverage of this Saturday's game:
The Red Sox and Indians are playing at 4 pm.  WZON will, of course, be
broadcasting that game (Game 3 ALCS).  Lately, the games have been 3
1/2 to 4 hours long.  That means the baseball game may not end until
nearly 8 pm.  WZON most likely will not leave that game in the late
innings to go to hockey, so that means people listening to WZON or
logged onto their site may miss part or all of at least the first
period, including the raising of the championship banner.  Well, if you
don't want to miss that, I suggest tuning to 91.9 FM WMEB or logging on
to www.webradio.com/wmeb.
WMEB will have complete coverage of all the pregame activities, plus
complete coverage of the game with NO commercial interruptions.  So
tune in to 91.9 FM or log on to our website, and enjoy Maine's first
game in defense of it's national championship. Game time is 7 pm, but
be sure to tune in 10-20 minutes early for pregame...

Brian Demoree
Station manager/Sports director/3rd year play-by-play man, 91.9 FM WMEB