EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
charles moyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Jul 2003 07:37:06 -0400
"The pusillanimous wanting all men cut down to worm size."
    Well, maybe Byron is stretching it a bit, but he had a dam good dog
poem, but Yeats I'd stick by. He accomplished the kind of poetics Graves
only mused on. The true essence of poetry is not to be compared to any other
form of human mumbling. It is Artemisian, wormwood in this world. If you
haven't the stomach for it take up any of the various proclivities the
Chandala apostles offer. Jackasses braying at the gates of Olympus.

    "Oh moon, my pin-up chronometer". Can anyone name the Canto?
--
Bottoms up,
Charles