ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"Wayne T. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Sep 2002 15:03:26 EDT
Mine arrived today.  Includes an application for tix to the CCCC Harvard
game on 2002-12-15 (sideline $17 (all), corners/ends $12 (adult) and $5
(youth/seniors)).  Tix available to general public "after Oct 25th".

Additional regular season games tix available this Saturday Oct 28th
from 8-11am.  207-581-BEAR or 1-800-756-TEAM w/questions.

  Several notes were listed.  As far as I recall, only the last one is a
  change.  Here's my summary of the notes, *** tongue in cheek ***:

- The schedule arrived with the tickets.  And I thought this would be
  like early season youth hockey, where you have to go to the 1st game
  to learn when the next one will be.  Just to rub salt in the wound,
  the schedule is dated 6/25.

* Doors open 1 hour prior to start of game: pray for good weather, jon.

* Everyone 3yrs and older requires a ticket for admission: If I had a
  3-year-old, she would not require a ticket.  The University requires
  the ticket, not the toddler.

* No outside food is permitted in the arena: maybe inside your jacket is
  OK.

* Smoking only outside of NW corner, not main entrances: bring a
  compass!  (The SE corner should be smoke-free).

* Re-sale of tix on University property is prohibited: In that spirit,
  the ticket office is being permanently relocated to Veazie.

* Lost or destroyed tickets (don't do it): tough luck.  Maybe you can
  stand at the end of the line and buy standing room at the end of the
  1st period (of every game), understanding, of course, that there is no
  standing room, except in the room labeled "Men".

The last one:

* "The Athletic Ticket Office will no longer accept individuals to drop
  tickets off at Will Call.  Please make arrangements for your tickets
  before game time"

  Do you suppose this means they want you to bring your tix before the
  user of them will actually show up?  Good policy!

  But maybe it means, "we already sold these incredibly expensive
  tickets once ...  get out of my face".  As much as I dislike the
  "service fee" for purchasing tickets, I wouldn't mind paying $2 or $3
  to have them hold tix for my friends, when I couldn't make it to the
  game ...  but I'd rather feel appreciated with a smile and a "Thank
  you, Mr. Smith", as has been the case ...  forever.

P.S.  If you're going to argue about any of the idiotic things (I wrote
      above), please reply to the list ...  I've my truths;  we all
      deserve a laugh from yours.  :-)

P.P.S. Hopefully The Athletic Ticket Office Manager has a good sense
of humour ... it's still early in the year.

And luckily for us, we have a great team and coaching staff!   Go Bears!

cheers, wayne

Wayne T. Smith
[log in to unmask]                          Old Town Landing
The College Hockey lists: Hockey-L and Hockey3 at http://lists.Maine.edu/