From:
Bob Woodbury <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Mar 2007 15:57:01 -0400
An excellent inquiry, deserving of some factual research.
I know in some conferences, each coach is given an evaluation sheet of
the officials at each game. Evaluations are also given to other
"interested parties," such as media representatives, coaches and/or
athletic directors present, etc.
There is also a conference officer responsible for officiating and it is
his/her job to visit a game each night, or each night possible, to
evaluate the officiating for that game and meet with officials after the
game, while things are fresh, to discuss what happened and how things
can be improved.
I have been retired from that arena for several years now, so I can't
say what, if any, of these procedures are used now and in what
conferences. I know I had the privilege of filling them out during the
course of my career, in hockey and basketball, at both the high school
and college (D I & III) levels.
That's the extent of my knowledge. I have no idea if these procedures
are used in interconference play or not, and if so, how.