ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"D. B. Doucette" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Mar 2005 08:53:15 -0500
Outstanding job by the Sayles family in their post.

I would say that the possibility that BC will tank one of the games in order
to "rest" for the HE Tournament is strong. My guess is that it will be one
BC win and a tie this weekend.  I think we all need UMass Lowell wins this
weekend also.

Jerry York does not impress me as one who plays out these PWR scenarios in
order to "get" a team.  If we were playing Boston University and Jack Parker
this weekend, however, you all know he would be salivating over the chance
to put the dagger into Maine this season, and slowly twissst. (think of what
Vito Andolini did when he returned to Corleone in GF II)

It certainly helps that we have home ice in the first round of HE Tournament
  presumably against Lowell.

More as we get closer to Friday night...

Dan

Rick Sayles wrote:

>Hi folks,
>
>I have a computer program that calculates the RPI and PWR, so I can input
game results and see the impact on the RPI and PWR.  For the results I am
going to present, I used the data base of games played through Sunday and
added games Maine will play in the next couple of weeks.

>Conclusion for this weekend:  Winning at least one game is almost essential.
>
>We have shown with these results that splitting with BC and then playing
and beating UML in the HE quarters is basically equivalent to beating BC
twice, winning HE and playing UMA in the HE quarters.

>The results of other games played will alter these results, but we get the
basic impact of what will happen given these scenarios.  Conclusion:  DON'T
get swept by BC, win your HE quarterfinal series, and life is probably very
good!