ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Adam Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Feb 2005 11:22:23 -0500
Mosey brings up a great point, but it maakes me wonder:  There appear to be
2 scenarios here.

1)  We sweep BC, and possibly end up in 1st place in HE, which would have us
playing the 8th place team in the 1st round.  Weaker team that UML,
obviously.

2)  We stay in 4th and play (hopefully) UML in the 1st round, thus
increasing our chances for an at-large birth if we don't win the HE tourney.

Scenario 2 would require that we either tie or lose at least one game to BC.
Even though it would benefit us (by allowing us to play UML).  So, would the
tradeoff help us in the long run?  I would think a win over BC would be
better than a Win (or possibly 2) over UML.  I don't know enough about the
rankings to know how this would play out.

--Adam