ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Jon Eggert <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 13 May 2004 15:22:20 -0400
First off, I can't name too many guys who are returning that scored more
than Dustin did. Second he was one of a handfull that could create room for
himself simply by reach and stickhandling. Maines offense was limited and I
saw him as a 20 or so goal scorer next year. Was he the best player I've
ever seen at UMaine, nah, but he had a huge upside as evidenced by Anaheim
signing him. Its a big loss in a challenged offense.

 I believe Aquino can be a huge threat as a scorer. His speed can also
create room but the kid couldn't get into the lineup. Do you expect this to
change?. I sure hope so but thats up to Luch.

 Jon

" I do not think it is a big shot to the offense, he never proved that he
could actually finish... he had alot of talent, but he looked like Kieth
Primeau when he was with Detroit... really big, but really easy to knock
down... he had great hands for a big guy, but after dekingout 2 guys, he
would lose the puck to the 3rd guy, and not able to score.

if Luciano gets his speed back and stays healthy, he is gonna have all
american potential for at least 2 years... he has shown that he could finish
WHEN HE HAD HIS SPEED.  something happend to him and we never heard about
it.  lopsing Luc would be a shot to the offense.
"