ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Aug 2003 18:35:37 -0700
I saw this today too, very interesting.

It not only impacts CC, but Clarkson, RPI, St. Lawrence and Union
(though Union currently offers no scholarships).

CC and Clarkson in particular have a nice hockey tradition.

Does anyone know how schools are classified as Division I or Division
III?  Could Colorado College, theoretically, jump to Division I to
avoid this situation.  I think we'd all agree that while preferential
financial aid and the other little things the Ivies do works in the
ECAC, Colorado College would not be able to survive in the WCHA like
that.

-Deron