ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Feb 2003 08:36:51 -0800
I'm sure those of us not in the know will be wondering all day who
starts in goal, but check out these comments from the writeup in the
Portland Press Herald.  Almost sounds like Jimmy Howard will play
tonight:

The Wildcats forced Maine freshman goalie Jimmy Howard to make 34
saves. Howard allowed four goals for the first time.

"That's too many shots," said Whitehead. "If they were all from the
perimeter, that's different. But they weren't."

The Black Bears had trouble clearing the puck out of their end, and too
many sloppy passes gave the Wildcats additional chances. Howard,
though, didn't find fault with his defense.

"How good a goalie is is how he bounces back," said Howard. "I'll be
ready."