ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
D B Doucette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 17:41:14 -0400
Here is information of interest for those lucky enough to already have
snagged tickets
and are looking for activities to bracket the days around the 2003 Last
Four in Buffalo,
April 10 and 12, 2003.

The Jays home 2003 schedule was just announced, though we knew of Boston
being there.

I am willing to organize a Maine list / FoMH gathering for anyone NOW
holding Buffalo tickets to:

Toronto Blue Jays Baseball at Skydome vs. Boston Red Sox:
Tuesday April 8
Wednesday April 9

Toronto Blue Jays Baseball at Skydome vs. Minnesota Twins (evening)
and (maybe a special) tour of the Hockey Hall of Fame (day):
Friday April 11

I would like to have some hard numbers and get group tickets for baseball at
Skydome, and also want to further pursue contacts I have made at the HHOF to
see if they would be able to do something special that Friday (if not that
whole week) to tie-in with the Last Four.

I think these are wonderful events for those who know they will be visiting
Buffalo next year, and are looking for sport-related things to do whilst
away.
Needless to say, the proximity of Buffalo to Toronto, with a substantial mix
of things to do there, far exceeds the choices available to those who went
to St. Paul last year. (Mall of America ?  how many shoe stores can you see ?)

Lindsay and I plan on heading out to Buffalo the prior weekend by way of
Springfield, MA and the new Basketball HoF and, of course, Cooperstown.

Ideas, suggestions, reaction, very much welcome.  Interested articipants even
more encouraged !!

(those who hung around with us in St. Paul getting this directly, also !)

Dan Doucette