ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"Wayne T. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Mar 2002 20:32:14 EST
With results of today, including OSU losing, I think UNH will be the
only Eastern team with a bye.

Despite the (WZON) radio implications of 2 Eastern teams getting 1st
round byes, this will not be the case this year.  The NCAA byes will
come from the 4 highest rated teams of the 12 selections.  (Rating
slightly different from PWR as you see it on USCHO.com).

With results already in, I can't find a scenario where Maine or BU or
Cornell can get a bye ...  in fact, UNH may well be in the 2-3 bracket
(still 1E), instead of 1-4.

Late in 1st period, UNH leads Maine 1-0 in an apparently roughly even game.

cheers, wayne