From:
Thom Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 13 Apr 2003 19:58:59 -0400
Mike Patten wrote in reply to Deron's post:

has anyone noticed this to be true in the past? If so I spent way too much
time trying to acquire tickets before I got up there thursday.. I will
take
my chances if ever there is a next time..

>This was in the Boston Globe and I thought it was interesting:
>
>Upper-level tickets with a face value of $40 could be bought on the
street
>outside HSBC Arena for $10 or $20 in the hour before game time.
>
>---
>Deron Treadwell - [log in to unmask]
>http://www.blackbears.net

From two of my own observations, tickets were going for at least $500 @ in
the second semi-finals (BC vs Ohio State) and finals (BC vs. Michigan)
outside the Fleet Center in 1998 (despite scalping being frowned upon by
the authorities in Boston) and at least $600 @ outside the Exel Center
before the finals in 2002 (Minnesota vs. Maine). So, it depends on the
teams and the place, I think.

Thom Davis
UNH '71

Go Cats!