NETANN-L Archives

- NETANN-L - Networkmaine Network Announcement List

NETANN-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"Letourneau, Jeff" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
- NETANN-L - UNET Network Announcement List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Jan 2003 14:46:09 -0500
The UMS network experienced severe outages today caused by a MS SQL worm
that had compromised at least a dozen machines spread across the various
campuses.  We have tracked those machines down and have isolated them
from the network.

Currently all networks are back up except IT's network on Orono campus
(IT is working on isolating infected hosts on their network), VLAN 115
(Service Building) on Orono Campus and MMA (we have left messages but
haven't been able to reach anyone).

We will be contacting administrators of the individual servers to help
them apply the appropriate patches before allowing the machines back on
the network.

Jeff
--
Jeffrey Letourneau