ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Cathy Hart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Nov 1997 11:09:09 -0500
I have heard from Sue tyler about the discussion detailed above and she has
sent me this:

<We are not charging for women's games since we did not get correct
<approvals prior to beginning of this year.  We were not certain of the
<team's status when we had to put it all together.  We WILL charge for
<next years games.  We are definitely a varsity.  It may cost us in the
<beginning more to charge than not too, but it is the principle of it.
<And, it there is tremendous growth potential.  We will do some
<marketing research with this years fans to help us understand the
<potential fan base. sue.>

This means that they are taking this team seriously, folks!  And that there
will be some revenue to offset costs at that time.  The timing was off this
season, that's all!

A number of people have asked me where to donate money in support of the
Women's Hockey program.  I am sure any donations (payable to the "University
of Maine"), given to Coach Rick Filighera, Alfond Arena, University of Maine,
Orono, Maine 04469 will go immediately to good use!  I do not know their
Friends Group President's name, but hope to meet her/him soon!

Cathy Hart