ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"Wayne T. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Mar 2001 14:16:52 EST
>Fortunately for me, I will be in Bangor for my wife's work committment
>(Maine McDonald's High School All Star Basketball stuff).
>
>Can someone recommend a Bangor watering hole where I can catch Friday's
>game?  I'd rather not go over to orono but can if that's the only option.

I'm too old and cranky to do much watering in public, but I'm partial to

Ground Round - On Odlin Rd at end of airport runway (from I-95, take
   exit 45 to I395 West and immediate right at light to Odlin Rd;  1/2
   mi on right). Big screen.  Say "Hi!" to Tom for me.

BearBrew Pub - Main St.  Orono (use Rt2 to downtown Orono, at either
   light turn East;  1 block;  park in municipal lot;  enter from
   municipal lot).  Great beer.  Say "Hi!" to Milos for me.

There are lots of other places, but I don't know of any within walking
distance of Husson College / McDonald's Classic.  By car, these are 10
and 15 minutes from Husson.

cheers, wayne