ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Dan Doucette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Oct 2000 13:15:06 -0500
Cory echoes my observations exactly.

The situation is:  if you are in your car, (or at home with lousy TV signal)
it's WZON or zippo for Maine Hockey on the radio.  I'm driving from MA
to Skowhegan this Friday night, on the road from 6 to 9 PM, and won't
be near a TV until we get to our destination.  Looks as though I might have
some
luck, but I despair....

It' s indeed a shame that there are TWO radio stations in southern Maine
that broadcast the Boston University hockey feed.  We should boycott
that station,  their owner(s) and any local Maine business that might
advertise on their BU broadcasts.  (it's the same company with an
AM and FM station using the same feed, I know)

What a shame for our state university that there is so little radio
coverage for our state's best team.

Thank you publicly to Joe Roberts for a response to my phone call
on this matter.  I trust the AD and SID offices will realize this problem is
not my own; there are MANY people who might not be near the
TV for Maine games, but all are on the radio, however not throughout
the state of Maine.

I won't repeat my rant about Macintosh owners with older machines
being able to get the Internet feeds...suffice it to say I am going over
to the dark side, partly for this reason, but my new PC won't be
delivered until the end of the month.   AAARRRRRGGGHHH !!

Cory said:

>Once in a while I can get a game on 107.9 FM (I think?) out of
>Skowhegan. You can get that as far south as Gray I believe cause thats
>where the signal begins to degrade in both of my cars. If you are in
>Portland you are SOL cause noone plays the games on the radio there. In
>fact they have a station that plays BU games, but not one that plays
>Maine games! Yuck.
>
>[log in to unmask], [log in to unmask] wrote:
>>
>> WZON does have a presence on the Internet of use to fans outside their
>> listening area.  Tom mentions broadcastamerica.com, which is the
>> Internet
>> Home for WZON.
>>
>> Here is the URL to WZON's page on broadcastamerica:

Dan Doucette

Maine Hockey - we win it all in odd-numbered years

Bill Gates should be sentenced to using a Macintosh
for the rest of his natural life.