ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"Wayne T. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Sep 1999 08:43:40 EDT
>                                     ... One person was taken to the
>hospital to be checked out; he was back on campus this afternoon. ...

WZON this morning reported this person to be assistant coach David Bower
(Bauer?!).  Anyone have bio info on the coach? Is he taking Coach
Leaman's place?

I don't see mention of him on either Chris Sayles' homepage

   http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Track/5928/

or Bob Thomas' Official Maine Hockey homepage

   http://www.ume.maine.edu/~MEHockey/Homepage.html

On other notes ...

o when/where will the Blue/White game be played?  I'll go out on a limb
  and suggest there will be one, since it appeared to be part of the
  season ticket charge.  I'll go way out and suggest it will be sometime
  between September 25 (9am-ish?) opening practice and October 16
  (opening game).

o here we are a month from opening game (less for Blue/White game) and
  neither tickets nor schedules have been sent to season ticket holders,
  to my knowledge.  Good thing we have this list and Bob Thomas' web
  site.

o Almost as hard as building a great organization is keeping it alive,
  fresh and important.  We've been blessed with wonderful leaders,
  volunteers, activities and resources over the years with our Friends
  of Maine Hockey.  When you see the first FoMH Newsletter or flyer in
  the mail or at the Arena, please clip the coupon and join.

  The best ovation we can give to outgoing President Cathy Hart and
  incoming President Bob Thomas is our support, starting with membership.

o Speaking of FoMH, is there a student rate?  Costs of the Newsletter
  and other mailings should be lower for on-campus addresses.  We seem
  to have our share of interested and passionate student fans;  maybe
  some of them elderly enough to understand the importance of FoMH to
  the whole program?

Drop the puck for the reigning National Champions!
wayne

Wayne T. Smith
[log in to unmask]                          Old Town Landing
Co-owner of the College Hockey lists - Hockey-L and Hockey3