ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"Wayne T. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Mar 1999 10:05:33 EST
As many of you know, Fox Sports NE will broadcast the Friday OSU/Maine
game.  Unfortunately, they have chosen to go with the BC game on
Saturday (the Western Regional is a Saturday-Sunday set).

The good news for local Bangor folks is that WABI Channel 5 has picked
up the rights to the Saturday game and will broadcast it!  I haven't
heard confirmation of a Southern Maine partner, but please do report
here if anyone knows, as we have many southern Maine readers of this
list.

Congratulations to WABI for making a tough decision on the side of local
interest programming.  What made it happen were local businesses coming
forward to sponsor the broadcast.  What makes this an astounding
decision is that the Duke final four basketball game will be preempted
by Maine Hockey.  Wow!

Maybe some of you folks will take the time to congratulate WABI (write
or call them;  writing here does not cut it) on their support.  They'll
need letters from us to counteract the noise they'll no doubt get from
the basketball crowd.  :-)

The NCAA Frozen Four semi-finals will be telecast on ESPN2, with the
Championship game on ESPN.

Go get 'em Bears!

Wayne T. Smith
[log in to unmask]                          Old Town Landing