ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Mar 1999 08:52:41 -0800
Hi everyone! I'll post some thoughts on this weekend later on, but
what I wanted to note on this list was something I heard and wanted
comment on.

Apparently, Coach Walsh told his team *before* the game Friday that
the NCAA Tournament was their goal and (essentially)the Hockey East
Tournament didn't mean much.

My question is for a team with only 16 scholarships, with NO NCAA
Tournament experience and in a slump, was it the right thing to do to
downplay the Hockey East Tournament?

I like Walsh, so please understand I'm not bashing him.  I just want
to solicite some opinions on the matter.  It could be that I heard
*incorrectly*, which I hope is the case, because a lot of Maine fans
traveled to Boston and they really wanted this championship.  It would
be a shame if Maine (players and coaches) didn't.

What's the deal with this?

-dt
==
---