From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Apr 1993 19:20:54 EDT
Allen Lessels reported in the Boston Globe today (just below the UMass
hires Joe Mallen article) that Shawn Walsh is rumored to be heading to New
York to join newly hired head coach Mike Keenan with the Rangers.  Walsh
was quoted as saying, "Mike saw us in our last five or six games and we
talked.  But nothing was really finalized.  No offer has been made, and I'm
not sure what I will do if an offer is made."  That's basically the gist of
it.  Those who saw the 'Out of the Woods' special probably noticed the
segment where Keenan was on hand for one of the Bears' final regular season
games and spoke briefly to the players in the locker room.  Interesting.
---
Mike Machnik    [log in to unmask]   Color Voice of the Merrimack Warriors
alternate address days: [log in to unmask]             *HMN*  11/13/93
(Any opinions expressed above are strictly those of the poster.)