From:
Bob Gilreath <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob Gilreath <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Mar 1993 22:24:55 EST
 The MTU Huskies fell behind at the 12 second mark of the game to Fred
 Kinipschier (sp) and played a tooth and nail game of catch-up all night
 But after tech scored at about the 17 min mark of the 3rd period and the
 smoke cleared after the final buzzer which saw St Cloud storm the net time
 and time again with their net empty, Goalie Jamie Ram held both arms high as
 the MTU fans saluted the victory!

   This was the same crowd I was used to in the mid 70's as MTU hockey was
    "THE" game in town.  Thanks to the Huskies for providing us a great home
    season and good luck in St Paul!  It looks like we'll be playing NMU
    thursday night.
                      Bob

It was a great day for local sports!  Calumet Copper kings won the Michigan
 High School b-c-d Hockey Championship this afternoon with a 13-0 thrashing
 of Flint Powers.

The MTU lady Huskie Basketball team captured the Great lakes NCAA regional
 championship with a 77-58 win over Saginaw Valley State College tonight to
  move on the the Final 8 in NCAA Womens DivII Hoops next weekend.

Only one thing left!  our mixed doubles League Bowling championship tomorrow
   night!  ;-)