From:
Patrick Abegg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Jan 2008 21:46:03 -0500
The full sequence for the last-minute bit is:

At 1:10, the students chant, "Hey Mr. Announcer, how much time is left in
the period?"

At 1:00, the announcer booms out, "One minute remaining in the period."

Followed by the students responding, "Thank you!"

I first heard this at home at BU, but I've heard this a lot on the road.

And then there's the "Halftime!" chant with 10:00 to go in the second
period.

Patrick