From:
Craig Powers <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Craig Powers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Apr 2003 22:23:54 -0500

http://www.ncaa.org/library/rules/2003/ice_hockey_rules.pdf

> A goal scored above the height of 4 feet [1.22 m], shall not be
> allowed, except by a player of the defending team. (Rule 16 b)

Section 17 (Goals and Assists)
c. A goal shall not be allowed in any of the following cases:
(1) If an attacking player strikes the puck with a stick carried above
the height of the crossbar of the goal frame (4 feet [1.22m]);

>  ... and 16 d (3)  when the puck is struck above 4 feet directly to
> the
> goal keeper there shall be an immediate whistle.
>   (followed by 3 phrases defining the ensuing faceoff spot)

This is unchanged (aside from the section change, it's now 20 d, under
High Sticks).

> ... and again under playing rules . . .
>
> Section 18
>  A.R.1: Attacking player A1 is carrying the stick the stick with the
> stick blade above his shoulders. The puck strikes the butt-end of the
> stick which
> is below the height the height of 4 feet and goes into the Team B
> goal. Ruling: No goal.  When any part of the stick is carried above 4
> feet the entire stick is considered to be high.

This interpretation is no longer in the rulebook.  It's unclear whether
it should still be considered the correct interpretation of 17 c (1) or
not.