Date:
Tue, 8 Apr 2003 10:47:38 EDT
Cornell has played both anthems at all home games for over 30 years (that is
as far as I can remember first hand).  I view it as a strong acknowledgment
of the fact that the team is made up of a mix of players from different parts
of the world, not the University per say.  Of course, "Oh, Canada" followed
by "The Star-Spangled Banner" is also a big part of the Cornell hockey
tradition at Lynah.

As far as European players go, I know that when I was a student, the band did
play the Czech(?) anthem at one home game for one player who was from Europe,
although I would have to dig through a pile of stuff to find out who he was.

On to Buffalo,

William Sangrey
Cornell '87&'94
Let's Go RED!!!