From:
Doug Peterson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 26 Mar 2003 17:22:12 -0500
Relative to the odds-against discussion, the 1981 Badgers were
nicknamed the Backdoor Badgers.  They ended up winning against the
1981 Gophers which had some of their big guns back from the 1980
Olympics Team.  Going into the tournament (and having watched them all
season long) I could not see how the Gophers could be anything less than
national champions.  Then they got a little too carried away with concern
about their future plans and forgot about showing up for the last game.

Doug Peterson