From:
"Andrew J. Weise" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Andrew J. Weise
Date:
Thu, 19 Feb 1998 18:32:08 -0500
At 01:05 PM 2/19/98 -0500, Bill Fenwick wrote:
>Head coach Mark Morris announced earlier this week that Bernard would get the
>start against Yale, citing the "soft goals" that Murphy has been giving up.

Well, it didn't help Murphy's cause last Friday night. I hadn't seen Clarkson
in the weeks leading up to the game at RPI, so I can't say if Murphy had
been playing that poorly.

But....

Four out of the 5 goals Murphy allowed were on odd-man rushes - 3 were
breakaways. On his best night (which this wasn't), Murphy would have
stoned every one. Even so, the defense shouldn't be allowing these breakaways.

Bernard wasn't tested too much the next night at Union, so it's hard to
say how well he's been playing. Having a 7-0-1 record on the year should
say something, though.

-Andy