From:
Stickney Brian CDT <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stickney Brian CDT <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Feb 1997 09:11:09 -0500
I have two points to raise for possible discussions..

1)  Unlike the other major college sports, in college hockey it is almost
impossible for an independent to make it to the big show.  While one may argue
that the level of competition would drop...I don't think that is the case.
Teams like Mankato St., Air Force, and Army have all played their division one
leagued opponents tough at times.  Wouldn't it make the tourney a bit more
interesting if even one of these independents had an at large bid into the
tourney (based on best record of the independents).  Perhaps we would see the
same sort of upsets in the college hockey as we see in College basketball
(Princeton upsetting UCLA, etc...)

2)  What do you think is the strongest rivalry in College hockey?

Sincerely,
Brian J. Stickney