From:
"(No Name)" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 20 Jan 1997 09:12:29 -0500
Classification:
Prologue: Dan Olsen
IBM Global Services
Client Services Representative
East Fishkill, NY / Building 504 2J5-21
Ph: 8-532-5259 / (914) 892-5259
FAX: 8-532-7588 / (914 )892-7588
Mail: IBMUSM00(DOLSEN) or
Epilogue: Regards,
Dan Olsen

I'm glad to see that although the race in the ECAC remains tight, a couple of
teams seem to be establishing themselves as falling from the race.  Although
only six points still separate first place from eighth, the "big guns" of the
ECAC seem to be forging their way to the top.

Princeton still has a grip on the ECAC's top spot, although four other teams
have the ability to overtake that spot simply with games in hand.

Cornell, Rensellaer, Clarkson and Vermont have all begun to firm up their spots
at the top of the league.  Outside the top five are three teams that are
hovering around .500 but still have a good chance to gain that first round bye
and home ice with a good second half run.  The bottom four in the league are in
a tough spot, each falling at least three games under .500.

While we have heard a lot on hockey-l about Princeton's season and we always
hear a lot about Cornell, Clarkson, and Vermont, the unsung team this year
seems to be RPI.  With two games in hand over Princeton, the Engineers (or
birds or whatever) are the only team that can have 19 points after 13 games.
If they can keep winning, the ECAC would be theirs.

There should be some great matchups in the second half of the season, with the
top 5 each having different travel partners.  This means that we should see a
contest in the top of the league each week.

Coming up this weekend six teams get the opportunity to meet their arch-rivals:

St. Lawrence at Clarkson
RPI at Union
Dartmouth at Vermont

Although none of these games are between two of the upper teams in the league,
each should be hotly contested as usual.

This will also bring every team in the ECAC up to twelve games, with the
exception of Princeton, Yale, Harvard, and Union.  These four teams will even
up with the rest of the league during the Beanpot.