From:
Bob Gaskins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob Gaskins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Jan 1996 09:06:22 -0600
Some D1 Hockey (and other sports) broadcasts can be received *live over the
internet* if you have the RealAudio software installed on your computer.
We've enjoyed hearing several Michigan State games that way when we
couldn't get to East Lansing.

Sound quality is about like a mediocre AM radio, but hey! it's better than
nothing!

Schedules and free software downloads are available at RealAudio's home page:

      http://www.realaudio.com

Yesterday, John Edwards wrote that:

>Illinois-Chicago is said to broadcast some games on WLUP/WMVP, AM
>1000. I can get that station in Ottawa, so I suspect it's a clear channel.

Almost, John. While it's not a clear channel station, it does direct 50,000
watts directly east of Chicago after sundown, so it should be somewhat
listenable in those regions. Can't pick it up at all to the west, however,
because of the directional antenna they must use to avoid interfering with
another station in that direction. (I used to be a consultant to the
station, otherwise I wouldn't know that).

cheers!
       -- bob.
--
"A man with one watch knows what time it is.
    A man with two watches is never sure".