From:
"Klein, Steve" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Klein, Steve
Date:
Mon, 6 Nov 1995 16:22:00 PST
Ex-Spartans and current Spartans never skated together during formal
practices, only during informal pick-up games during the off-season at Munn
Arena and Lansing Ice Arena, which Lyle Miller (father of Kelly, Kevin and
Kip) owns. I hope I didn't mislead anyone in the past on this point.

Steve Klein
 ----------
Having seen the recent questions wondering if it is alright that
such-and-such
pro players attend their alma maters practices, and/or skate with the team,
maybe some of our Michigan State hockey-lers can elaborate on this subject.
Having spent many years in Lansing Michigan following the Spartans, Neil
Koepke and Steve Klien often reported past NHL players visiting Ron Mason,
or skating
around with the team.  Specifically, the Miller brothers often came home if
they were free agents, or holding out, and skated.  Joe Murphy also did the
same a couple of years back.  I'm sure Coach Mason knows the ramifications
of
allowing this to happen.....what's the low-down on this?