From:
"Tuthill, Richard" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tuthill, Richard
Date:
Sat, 23 Sep 1995 09:58:00 EDT
     I noticed in Richard's post that UConn's Women's team is at the club
level this year.   I think very shortly they will go to the varsity level
for gender equity reasons.   Couple that with the recent strong rumors about
a new building in Storrs next year,  and one might be tempted to make the
next logical mental jump and conclude that perhaps HE might have another
(men's team) member in a couple of years.   Wow,  would that be great  --
 or what?

     Well,  choose the "what" option.   The women's varsity hockey slots
will probably all be used to balance the effect of the UConn football team
going from 1-AA to 1-A instead of men's hockey going to a D-1 schedule with
scholarships.   They didn't get Skip Holtz here just to stand pat.   But it
is still very frustrating to those of us who like hockey.

     -- Dick Tuthill