From:
Charles Shub <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 25 Nov 1994 22:51:41 +0700
USAFA 0 1 1  2
CC    1 1 2  4

CC defender bob needham put a blast from the blue line just under the
crossbar 5 minutes in.

With 4 or so to go in the second, the falcons tied it with a short
handed goal on a feed from defenseman beau bilek to joe javorski.

Then CC went up 5 on 3 on a disputed (by some, not me) high stick
call, and ryan reynard tapped in the go ahead goal to carry the lead
into the second intermission.

Peter gerronazzo got two in the third, the latter off a falcon
turnover to take the tigers up 4-1.  Air force clawed back with 3
minutes left.  They even pulled tthe goaltender in the last minute.

The game was marred by an almost brawl.  5 double minors for roughing,
a minor for roughing, and a 10 minute misconduct.  It looked like 3
separate wrestling matches to me.  That happened when the score was
4-1 with 12:00 left in the game.

Air force played as well as they have played all year (and most of
last year) not givng up many second chance shots.  CC seemed flat and
slow (save for gerronazzo in the third) but played well enough to win.

Same two teams tomorrow.

Officials were
linesman Kirk Schoech
referees John Seidel and ?? thomas.

charlie shub
[log in to unmask]  -or-  cdash@colospgs (BITNET)
(719) 593 3492               (fax) 593-3369