From:
Charlie Shub <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 12 Nov 1994 23:16:53 MST
amherst 1 1 1 0  3
Usafa   1 1 1 0  3

air force grabbed the dead with 5 minutes lefy in the third, but
amherst got the equalizer (4 on 3 power play) with about 3 to go.
The minutemen then weathered an man disadvantage in the overtime and
came away from cadet field house with a point.  Part of me was wishing
for a shootout, just to see what they are like.  Amherst is still
undefeated when they score first (or so i was told by the bus driver)
and they carried the play through most of the game, scoring first in
both the first and second periods.  Air force's first period goal was
on a power play with crisp passes in close.  I believe it was peter
sandness who scored with palmer (he's a freshman and I don't know his
first name) getting an assist, and dan mcalister doing good leg work
too.  The second goal was a two on one break that was converted.  i
missed the goal that gave u-mass the 2-1 lead in the 2nd as i was at
the far end talking with CC coach Don Lucia who was getting his child
back into street clothes after an exhibition of the mitey mites
between the first two periods.

Again, amherst had some outstanding netminding this evening, and they
sould win some league games this year.

charlie shub
[log in to unmask]  -or-  cdash@colospgs (BITNET)
(719) 593 3492               (fax) 593-3369