From:
Ryan Robbins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ryan Robbins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Oct 1994 00:23:56 EDT
In article <[log in to unmask]>, YORK COLLEGE ICE HOCKEY - GET
THE SENSATION <[log in to unmask]> says:

>Is there some channel by which to make a formal complaint against a referee?

I would think fans would have no means to "file" a "formal" complaint
against an official. In fact, as a baseball umpire myself, I don't
believe fans should be able to "file" complaints. But anyway, complaints
are probably handled by whoever's job it is to supervise and coordinate
officials of whatever league the officials are from.

P.S. I'm not saying officials should be immune from complaints. If
players have a problem, they should talk with their coach. But fans
should not have a say.

Ryan Robbins               "Nothing in fine print is ever good news."
University of Maine                                  -- Andy Rooney