From:
Bob Gilreath <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob Gilreath <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Sep 1994 13:11:57 -0400

> This is for all of the Main Black Bear fans out there (I know there's a lot
> of you).  Your teams have enjoyed a lot of success in the last few years, and
> I congratulate you for that.  However, I am a bit disturbed by your
> "plagiarism" (my word) of the Bud Song that has been a mainstay at Wisconsin
> games and has been our rallying cry since the early to mid seventies.  I'll
> admit, I was suckered at the Final Four in Milwaukee two years ago.  When the
> Black Bear Band would strike up the tune, I joined in with the other 17,000
> Wisconsin faithful and screamed "When you say Wisconsin, you've said it
> all!" at the top of my lungs.  But, please. . . .come up with a different
> song to rally your fans.  That one is taken. . . .and it's a little sacred.

Define Plagiarism for me.   Does the Univ of Wisconsin have exclusive, written
permission from Budwieser to use the bud song and alter the lyrics at the
end to fit their needs?  If not, sounds like your guilty of a copy right
infringement to me! ;-)

no flame intended, just thought this was amusing.

Bob