From:
Tony Biscardi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tony Biscardi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Sep 1994 17:50:37 -0400
My experience has been that at Lowell, BU, Maine (BC as you mentioned), and
I believe Providence and UNH, students from other schools do not count as
"students."

Providence has usually given us free stuff as we walk in (Gatorade athletic
bottles or inflatable pointed fingers <great for "seive"'ing the Providence
goalie>), but only Northeastern and Merrimack has ever allowed us in at
"student" prices when we were from other schools.

I would speculate that attendance makes a difference since selling a seat at
$3 instead of leaving it empty is good business, but selling one at $3 when
you can easily get $7 is bad business.  I know what I feel it should be, but
the bottom line is that, when a sport is div I or pro, it's a business.

Just my 2 cents,

Tony  BU'92'93
Former Ogre