From:
Phil Ritzenthaler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Phil Ritzenthaler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Mar 1994 15:13:07 -0500
According to Cuyler, Bradley D:

> Denying the WCHA regular season champions; Colorado College is a
> tremendous mistake by the NCAA selection comitee (sic).
                                   .
                                   .
                                   .
>  Like I said before this is a
> slap in the face to the WCHA because the quality of hockey which it
> represents will only be partially shown, and this is even a bigger slap
> in the face to the players, coaching staff and fans

I've tried very hard to stay out of this, but enough is enough.

/* ON Soapbox */

Have you ever heard the saying:
        what goes around, comes around . . .

I was at BGSU (started '71) when those 'western and eastern' teams
thought that the CCHA (if they even THOUGHT about the CCHA) was a joke
league where nothing good came out of.  The Rodney Dangerfield league of
college hockey . . . no respect.

Then in 1983, BGSU was #1 in the regular season . . . by a WIDE margin,
ranked in many polls in the top 5 in the nation, even #1 for a while!
They lost to Michigan State in the finals at the Joe (that has ALWAYS
been BG's downfall), and then came the NCAA selection . . . the CCHA got
1 (yes, count them, *1*) seeding: the automatic tournament berth.  You
talk about snubbed???!!!???  Can you tell?  11 years later and we STILL
remember . . .

Retribution was sweet, though, when the next year BGSU WAS picked and
went on to win the National Championship . . .

So, believe me, there are may other teams that this has happened to, and
a lot of teams that this will happen to.

I don't care HOW many computers you use, it still comes down to the
HUMAN factor, plain and simple.

/* OFF Soapbox */
/* ON Asbestos_Suit */

--
Phil Ritzenthaler       Advanced Computing Center for the Arts & Design (ACCAD)
Systems Administrator   The Ohio State University