From:
Greg Sorenson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 25 Feb 1994 08:44:01 CST
No, this isn't some lame attempt at Maine-bashing. I'm just
answering two issues in the same post.

First, on Maine's elegibility woes. OK, at first with the Tory
 and Ingraham situations, I was willing to think snidely, "it
couldn't happen to a better team....heh, heh...go BU." But now
that the problem has spread to other Black Bear sports, Walsh's
 name and reputation is cleared in my mind, and I hope others
on the list feel the same way. The compliance coordinator,
Woody Carville, should be canned. Not reassigned. Dropped.
Axed. Hasta la vista, bay-beee. Oooooohhhhhhhh....C-Ya!

While I was in school, the topic: "Is Maine a dirty hockey program?"
 came up a lot. The conventional wisdom at the time was: Walsh is
so disliked and mistrusted by the Boston press and schools that if
HE were doing anything wrong, he'd be nailed to the wall immediately.
 Through all this Eligibility Hell, I've gained some sympathy and
 respect for the man. Shawn Walsh's name will be forever attached
to the 1993-94 season, Woody Carville's will not. Walsh has worked
hard to get Maine some national respect, and it seems a shame that
 ultimately, this season (IF all of Tardif's games are forfeited) falls
 on his shoulders.

On Coach of the Year: Well, I have a good idea who Charlie Shub is backing, and if the trend of
"pick-the-coach-who-turns-around-a-faltering-team" holds up, I'd have to agree:

Don Lucia, Colorado College.

GS
BU'92