EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
charles moyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Mar 2003 06:17:12 -0500
Tim,
Thanks. Fair enough assessment of Ezra, the "Terrible".
Couldn't "VIRTUSCH" (Canto XXXV) be read German "Vertusch"- "hidden,
concealed. hush-up"?
Isn't there something sadly contemporary about the Pound/Butler affair i.e.
the refusal to look at real causes no matter how painful the remedies
implied may be or who they might offend?
Do you know anything about the Pounds' cats, names, stories, etc.? Has any
other biographer looked into the subject? Just curious as cat fancier.

Charles