ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Bruce Hale <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Mar 2006 12:41:17 -0500
Folks, I have to agree with this respondent that the 'nay-sayers'
and 'doubting Thomases' should be ashamed of the way they have
continuously berated the hockey staff and office.  Tim is responsible for
getting this team reorganized and getting them to the frozen four. He
should be considered for coach of the year award.  His coaching style
speaks for itself with 3 frozen fours in 5 years.  He doesn't need to be a
strict disciplinarian to be successful. Too many find it easy to complain
when things are rough, but I don't see them giving credit when things go
well.  Shawn is gone and Tim is not going to change his coaching
philosophy. All kinds of coaches succeed. Live with it.
As to the Damon incident, you will never probably never know exactly what
he did, but look at a copy of the Student-Athlete Code of conduct. I lays
out his responsibilities if he wants to participate. If he broke the
rules, that's his own fault. No one in the Academic Support office should
be spending all their time checking class attendance. It's the athlete's
responsibility, and if they don't, then they pay the consequnces. Derek is
more than old enough to know better!
Let's come together and celebrate the accomplishments of this unheralded
team. They have a big mountain to climb next week in Wisconsin, and they
will need everyone's support.  Go Maine!
Bruce Hale, Director of Academic Support for Student-athletes, 1998-2003