ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Matt Bigley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Mar 2006 22:38:03 -0500
A strict disciplinarian is needed?  What could be more strict than sitting
out what could be your last game at Maine?  Damon screwed up.  He knew that
he needed to attend class and he didn't and the rule was enforced.  College
students aren't kids, they are adults.  Damon is 26 years old.  Two words,
personal responsibility.  Contrary to what a prior post suggested, this
isn't up to the hockey office or the athletic department to baby sit or for
the instructors to warn the team or athletic department prior to a player
hitting the magic number of misses. It is up to the athlete.   I am glad to
see him sit for a big game.  I have an idea that if they make it to
Milwaukee, class attendance will be pretty strong.

This veiled and usually not so veiled Tim isn't Shawn bashing every year
gets old.  Here we are playing for another Frozen Four appearance and the
bashing continues.  FYI, Shawn is dead.  Lest you have forgotten, Shawn
cheated and disgraced the university.  Yes he won 2 titles, but he did cheat
and he did disgrace the university.

Even when a new National Championship banner is raised, the whisper through
the Alfond will sadly be "but he is no Shawn Walsh."  That is a statement of
fact but it certainly isn't a negative reflection of character, passion for
the game or desire to win.