ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Tracy and Jeff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Mar 2006 07:06:41 -0600
Seems to me that all the grumblings that began a few years ago continue to rear their ugly heads.

Hmmmm maybe a strict disciplinarian is needed?  Or perhaps, a fireball?  Seems like the structure of discipline, conduct, and (in many many cases) the W desire isn't as strong as it once was.  A leadership problem perhaps?  Captains of past?  Coaching?  I see it in my own kids as they have a different coach year to year.  Someone that stresses the importance of being ready to play %110 the entire game, vs the "go have fun" type.  The player that when disciplined by a coach for a large mistake sits for a shift or 2, vs the reply to the player after the player pleads his case, "oh, OK".  There has been something missing here for a few years now.......