ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Bob Fitta <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Mar 2006 14:26:19 -0500
Well I for one am not liking what I see if Maine loses on Friday.  Does
not seem possible that Nebraska-Omaha, a team that was below .500 the
second half of the year would get an at-large bid over Maine.  This
also shows the penalty for finishing second and not playing a TUC as
UNH and BC did.  Not sure they should be weighted as much for the
simple reason they are rewarded for finishing 3rd and 4th and Maine and
BU are penalized for finishing 1st and 2nd.  Lastly what an impact that
UMD win over Denver had.

Strangely when you ad the 3-2-1 bonus Denver jumps into a tie for 15th
but that is not taken into consideration.  Bonus is not helping Maine
at all as there good wins have been at home save BC, and now they have
to beat the blasted Beagles again!  Game is just as important for BC as
the winner will secure a spot and the loser will have to hope that
Dartmouth and Colgate lose in the ECAC, SCSU or Duluth does not win
WCHA, No. Michigan does not win the CCHA.

The Dartmouth Colgate scenarios are the most likely to knock out a
Hockey East team!

Now I'll be more nervous watching the blasted game than usual!

Bob Fitta '83
On Mar 13, 2006, at 11:56 AM, Deron Treadwell wrote:

> See the below link and play around with conference tournament results
> and their effect on the PWR:
>
> http://www.collegehockeynews.com/ratings/yatc.php

Bob Fitta
Director of Advertising