ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Matt Dewkett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Mar 2006 19:19:21 -0800
Maine was the #4 seed last year against Minnesota, and
a #2 seed playing against Michigan.  Unfortunately,
both games were home games for their opponents.

I don't agree that regional play should include home
rinks for participants.  It is one thing for BU to
host the regional in Worcester, but something entirely
different if they hosted at Agganis Arena.  I don't
agree that Mariucci, Yost, Agganis, Englestad, Alfond
or any of the true home ice arenas should be used in
tournament play.

I think Maine could be a #4 seed and have a legitimate
shot at making it to the frozen four if the regionals
were held at Alfond.  There's something about a little
home ice "magic"

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/2006/03/02_tourney.php