ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Feb 2006 07:52:30 -0800
We defintely need both games this weekend.

1.  We are competing with UNH for the last home ice spot.
2.  We are at home and need to take advantage of all our home games.
3.  UNH and Maine are both on the outside looking in of the NCAA
Tournament, can't handle a split.
4.  We dislike UNH very much.

Seriously, if you look at the PWR you see that Hockey East teams are
not nearly as well regarded as they usually are, which sort of plays
out in Rick's calculations.  Two wins over UNH would normally be a
BIGGER impact than they are this year.

OK you math guys.. is the "safe assumption" that if Maine moves to 18
PWR with no other results that it is more than likely that Maine will
move LESS when considering the other results?

Even more key are the BC games.  Those have a real shot to boost our
RPI and thus our PWR with two wins vs. the Eagles.

I'm glad we took care of business at NU, but that was more of a sigh of
relief than an indication of anything.  We needed the four points last
weekend without exception.  (NU's 1 win on the season says hello!)

Honestly, for NCAA Tournament considerations (long-shot at best right
now) we really need to hold serve at home and take both games this
weekend.  I wish I could be there, but I trust those of you that are
will make sure the place is rocking!!

Just my .02.

-Deron