ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Jul 2004 17:54:14 -0700
I'm honestly surprised, not because Chris wouldn't have been a good
candidate, but because he is interested.  It would have been great to
have Chris Imes back leading a Maine team.

The women's program at Maine, while having made slow progress, isn't a
top-level women's program.  There are many challenges, and perhaps that
is part of the reason why its appealing.  I think they'll find Maine is
a different sell to a woman's hockey player than a man.

What interested me about Guy being offered the position is that I am
told relations between the men's and women's program have not been good
-- and Guy being recently involved with the progam would be actuely
aware of that.  Perhaps Guy, recognizing that, saw an opportunity to
bridge that gap and make things better.  I wish him good luck in that.

Either way, I can't help but think it will help those relations to have
Guy as coach, and while that doesn't really impact the men's team, it
could be a big positive to the women's team.

-Deron