ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"Chesley, Clair" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Sep 2003 10:00:31 -0400
I'm going to predict that the impact on attendance due to net coverage will
be minimal.  Most of the people who go to the games can already get WABI
Channel 5 and television is a much better way to watch the game that
streaming video on a computer monitor.  Sometimes some of the season ticket
people do stay home and watch a game on television especially if the driving
is bad but that already happens now.  I try to drive up there for a few
games every year but I usually choose the games that aren't televised.  For
those people that are too far to drive and don't get WABI TV, and have a
fast enough net connection, this is a good idea.  The $15 cost does seem a
little steep though.  Maybe the fee will go down once the infrastructure is
paid for. (?)

Have a great day everyone!

Clair