ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Tony Bessey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 31 Mar 2003 13:23:39 -0800
Many Division 1 schools and their players would have
given anything to have the season record we had, not
to mention the fact that we skated into the NCAA
Regionals. 13 Years ago we would have been talking
about success.

I have been very open about being mad at this team,
but I have taken some time to put it into perspective
this these past few weeks. I think this year was bound
to happen because of all the changes that naturally
come with the departure (even if by death) of a head
coach. I think this did not happen last year because
of emotion.

I am often reminded that water seeks its own level. I
think this team is just adapting to the forces of
change that come with a new head coach. I think things
can only go up from here. I only ask that the
University not try to come up with a new uniform in
the off season to start the new year off with a fresh
look. I think one of the great things about our
programs is our uniform.

Now, each time we have won a National Championship, it
has been through Michigan. So I say that we turn
around and do the classy thing and cheer them on.

Tony Bessey
UMaine 96